The Ritch Life

The Ritch Life

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tobi is 8 Weeks Old!

Tobi turned 8 weeks old on Saturday. It's hard to believe that Tobi is almost two months old. Before we get to his super cute 8 week picture I wanted to update you about the home visit. Our social worker came on the 7th to interview us and check and see how we were doing so we can finalize our adoption. It went well and we have already gotten the report in the mail. Things have settled back to normal around here as we are adjusting from our vacation. Here is Tobi's 8 week picture:


It's not an illusion Tobi is SMILING!!! He just started doing it last week and I can hardly believe it. It is so awesome when he looks at me and smiles a smile that lights up his whole face. It melts my heart. If he could talk right now I would give him anything he wanted if he would just smile at me.

We have had a pretty busy few days so far. We had our home visit and then my sister Kari came up for the weekend. It was so much fun to have her here. We did our favorite thing and went to IKEA yeah shopping!! Tobi really enjoyed it too. In fact I think his favorite part was getting a feeding in my favorite kitchen!! I picked up a bookshelf for Tobi's room, some storage containers, and some cheap white sheets that I am going to turn into shower curtains. I think I will start sharing my sewing projects with you guys too. I have already made Tobi some pants and I am currently working on a jumper. I also got some fabric to make Tobi and outfit for a wedding we have coming up.

On Sunday we went to church and then later to a baby shower well really a get together with presents for Tobi. It was a lot of fun! There was great food, great company and several great games of the couch game!! I almost didn't want to go home but Tobi was needing to eat again. On Monday we went shopping at Hobby Lobby and they were having a huge sale. I tell you Kari has a lot of paitence for looking at things in the clearance section. So good she got a $119 mirror for $5. IT WAS AWESOME!! I ended up with a corkboard with pictures frames on it to hang in my classroom to put pictures of Tobi in it. It was a good day but then she had to go home. Sad! On Monday our friend Chris celebrated his birthday so we took him to lunch and hung out with him for a little while. I guess that brings us to today. Well today was a rough day...Gabby was sick. We had to take her to the vet because her eye was swollen. Come to find out she has a eye ulser, she also has fleas (which I knew about because I was trying to get rid of them and I thought I did..bad mountains!!), an ear infection and really bad tartar build up. Well we got four different medicines and it cost us over $300 and we still haven't gotten her teeth cleaned yet. We did make her an appointment to get them cleaned at the end of the month so at least now she will have clean breath. AWESOME!!! Michael will be leaving on Thursday for a week at camp so it will be just me and Tobi and Gabby holding down the fort. Tobi also has his two month appointmen ton Thursday so I will update with stats then. Until later!

Take Care,
Michael, Merrissa, & Tobi

No comments:

Post a Comment